January 2019 - Carrot people - by DeeDee Catron

Hello everyday artists --- I hope you've been finding some great inspiration to work in your journal. I took the inspiration for this spread from that delicious moody pink in the mood board & the untold stories aspect.



I worked in the background with a dusty rose pink & gesso to create a gradient.





I did some mark making & collaging with vintage texts. Vintage texts always make me think of stories... whatever they might be. Told... untold... whispered...







I used graphite to make some scratchy marks & then create some moody carrot people! The carrot people really seem to have their own untold stories.







All supplies:
Finnabair/Prima Marketing Journal
Liquitex Gesso
Sharpie Paint Pen
Stabilo Marks All
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
UHU glue stick
UmWowStudio Stencil
Vintage text, scissors, paint brushes, masking tape,


If you feel inspired by this month’s theme – STORIES UNTOLD - please feel free to add your project to inlinkz below:
Inlinkz Link Party

Comments

Popular Posts